RPIA is a specialized fixed income manager with deep expertise in corporate bonds and active interest rate management. The firm was founded in 2009 by a highly experienced team who had previously run the global fixed income arm of Canada’s largest bank. Based in Toronto, RPIA now has over 65 employees including investment and risk management professionals with a collective experience set complementary to that of our founders. More than ten years in, we are now managing approximately $6 billion for a broad investor base of institutions and private clients. RPIA remains independent, privately owned by employees who have $150m invested alongside our clients.
RPIA is committed to creating a diverse and equal opportunity culture and we celebrate our inclusive work environment therefore we strongly encourage members of all equity seeking groups to apply.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please let us know, we will provide accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and equity seeking groups tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway!
Analyst, Client Portfolio Management
Purpose: Responsible for driving business development activity in the Private Wealth Management and High Net Worth distribution channel by supporting Client Portfolio Managers.
The Client Portfolio Management, Manager position requires at least 5 years industry experience. The incumbent will provide subject matter expertise for RPIA’s investment strategies and liaise between the investment management and risk teams responsible for the direct management of the portfolios and the CPM team that rely on this information for the clients.
The role requires knowledge and some expertise in fixed income strategies, alternative strategies and an understanding of the investment needs of Private Wealth and High Net Worth individuals.
Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide timely and accurate analysis and reporting on financial market performance, construct presentation materials and be able to assist in the process of writing portfolio commentaries.
- Understand the competitive landscape for fixed income strategies and RPIA’s funds
- Lead and assist in responding to one-off client/prospect requests as appropriate with (attribution, strategy and performance analysis).
- Lead and assist in the RFP completion process.
- Combine strategy and market information for the creation of relevant communication content to support the RPIA solution suite.
- Ensure sales strategies, plans and initiatives are executed with precision.
- Collect, gather, and analyze data from internal data systems and PM team to conduct analysis and reporting on funds by sector, geography, and credit rating for clients.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reporting to key partners by compiling and analyzing fund statistics and trends.
- Respond to ad-hoc client requests that may require custom analysis and slides for client analysis to help drive in-depth conversations.
- Prepare competitive product analysis to support sales initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly commentaries on strategies.
- Respond to client/prospect enquiries about our strategies in a timely manner.
- Maximize prospecting and lead generation process by inputting/extracting data intelligently from the CRM system
- Assist in updating marketing materials.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Adaptability - Be flexible and thrive in an environment where priorities change quickly from day to day and hour to hour
- Operational Excellence - Highly detail oriented and results driven while maintaining a positive attitude
- Communication - Maintain composure in high pressure situations and calmly manage competing priorities
- Accountability - Embrace challenges and responsibility and take pride in the support and work you complete
- University degree or diploma in Finance, Economics or in a comparable discipline.
- A minimum five (5) years of experience in finance, preferably within fixed income and alternatives and able to apply skill set towards sales.
- CFA, CAIA completed or at least a level 3 candidate for the CFA.
- Able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal).
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starting, accountable, and dependable.
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and strong work ethic; and
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
What RPIA Can Offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth, development, and continuous learning
- Collaborative teamwork environment
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Work Location: 39 Hazelton Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2E3
- COVID-19 considerations: Most of our workforce is currently working from home until further notice. Specific mission critical individuals work on site under COVID preventative guidelines. Our offices are equipped with enhanced air filtering systems and undergo regular deep cleanings.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- Please let us know if we can provide disability related accommodation to support your participation in our selection process
- Apply directly through: email@example.com