- Responsible for reviewing economic details of derivative trade confirmations against the original trade ticket, as well as those captured in RPIA’s internal system, to ensure any discrepancies are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure legal details of trade confirmations are appropriate and in accordance with the ISDA Master Agreement.
- Communicate and resolve discrepancies in trade confirmations with Investment Management and/or counterparties as applicable.
- Monitor and manage margin requirements for derivative trades.
- Ensure timely and accurate margin calculations and movements to comply with regulatory and internal policies.
- Monitor and manage cash flows associated with derivative trades.
- Monitor trades and positions, ensuring they align with risk parameters and objectives.
- Ensure adequate funding for margin requirements and settlement obligations.
- Evaluate the risks and potential returns associated with derivatives to support decision-making.
- Reconcile cash balances and positions across various accounts and platforms. Investigate and resolve discrepancies, ensuring accurate reporting and record-keeping.
- Collaborate with legal and trading teams to ensure timely updates and maintenance of ISDA agreements.
- Maintain a comprehensive record of all ISDA-related documentation and correspondence.
- Technical Knowledge - Demonstrates technical proficiency acquired through educational background and/or professional experience. Proficient in leveraging technology to enhance efficiency in daily operational processes.
Proficient in Python and/or VBA.
- Collaboration - You will be part of an experienced and professional team of research, execution, quantitative, and structuring portfolio managers. Working in unison with your teammates is critical to success.
- Operational Excellence - Knowledge of ethical standards and control principles with the confidence to uphold RPIA's control and service standards.
- Communication – An excellent communicator with a firm command of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills necessary to present complex technical information in an easy-to-digest format.
- Attention to Detail – Must be focused on accuracy and making sure that instructions are captured and executed with precision and care.
- Integrity – Does not cut corners regarding ethics and upholds the values of the firm. Earns trust and maintains confidence, especially when handling sensitive information. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Teamwork – Strong aptitude to motivate team members and encourage a thriving, team-first culture.
- Possesses a post-secondary degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a preferred experience range of 3 - 5 years in a relevant role.
- Preferred achievement of, or actively working towards, a CFA designation, CSI Derivatives Fundamentals course.
- A good understanding of fixed income and other financial products is preferred.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location specified and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
- Work Location: 39 Hazelton Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2E3
- Our offices are equipped with enhanced air filtering systems and undergo regular deep cleanings to ensure the health and safety of our clients and employees.
- To learn more about life at RPIA, visit https://rpia.ca/
- Read our firm’s magazine, Voices of RPIA: https://online.flippingbook.com/view/528533651/
RPIA is proud to be Great Place to Work Certified™. What sets us apart?
- Exceptional single and family benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance plus additional Health Care Spending and Wellness credits.
- Homewood Health Employee and Family Assistance Program to support mental well-being and extends to all family members in your household.
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth through:
- Cross-functional Mentorship Program
- Internally curated Leadership Skills training program
- Community outreach opportunities are organized through our volunteer-led Allyship and Social committees.
RPIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe in the power of diversity of thought, and we aspire to have an inclusive workplace that mirrors the fabric of our community. We strongly encourage applications regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to providing an accessible and equitable application and hiring process and will make accommodations should you require it at any point. We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Our culture is defined by our five core values: excellence, partnership, transparency, integrity, and community. Our clients often say the outstanding service we deliver is as important to them as the returns we achieve for them. With over 100 employees and $8+ billion under management for a broad investor base of institutions and private clients, we proudly remain privately owned by employees who invest alongside our clients.