RPIA is a specialized fixed income manager with deep expertise in corporate bonds and active interest rate management. The firm was founded in 2009 by a highly experienced team who had previously run the global fixed income arm of Canada’s largest bank. Based in Toronto, RPIA now has over 65 employees including investment and risk management professionals with a collective experience set complementary to that of our founders. More than ten years in, we are now managing approximately $6 billion for a broad investor base of institutions and private clients. RPIA remains independent, privately owned by employees who have $150m invested alongside our clients.
RPIA is committed to creating a diverse and equal opportunity culture and we celebrate our inclusive work environment. We encourage and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and equity seeking groups tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway!
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please let us know, we will provide reasonable accommodation and will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will support one of the industry’s award-winning Portfolio Management teams. This is a growth opportunity for someone who is committed to excellence, has a dynamic nature, and is motivated to learn.
- Execute all aspects of trade capture and settlement in prompt and accurate manner
- Support the automated processes on a busy OTC bond desk
- Liaise daily with portfolio managers, counterparties, prime brokers, custodian banks, operations and administrator in resolving trade capture and settlement issues.
- Monitor fail reports / aged settlements and correct any discrepancies in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist with daily risk and end of day reporting, including some performance measurement and attribution
- Complete general trading desk support activities and ad hoc tasks and analyses as required
- Ensure the accurate settlement of bonds, FX, money market, and futures on a daily basis
- Manage existing financial control procedures and proactively identify opportunities for improvement or enhancement to the existing processes and controls
- Perform daily position and cash reconciliations
- Investigate and follow-up on trading related discrepancies
- Protect investors by independently checking for accuracy and identifying and challenging any deviations from procedures and policies in an informed and professional manner
- Book, instruct and coordinate the timely transfer of securities and cash movements with utmost accuracy and precision
- Attention to Detail – Must be focused on accuracy and making sure that instructions are captured and executed with precision and care.
- Organization and Planning – A natural analytical problem solver who can independently determine and modify their priorities to meet operational requirements.
- Persistence & Motivation– Demonstrates meticulous attention to detail and understands the importance of adaptability and accountability in an environment where priorities may shift quickly.
- Teamwork – Strong aptitude to motivate team members and encourage a thriving, team-first culture.
- Collaboration- You will be part of an experienced and professional team of research, execution, quantitative and structuring portfolio managers. Working in unison with your teammates is critical to success.
- Operational Excellence- Knowledge of ethical standards and control principles with the confidence to uphold RPIA's control and service standards.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the financial sector, preferably in capital markets
- University degree in Business Mathematics, Commerce or Economics program or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of capital market instruments including fixed income and derivatives
- Completion or enrollment in a professional designation program
- Previous experience with investment systems such as Bloomberg, Calypso, Markit, and lcelink an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Technical proficiency with VBA/programming an asset
What RPIA Can Offer
- Benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance plus Health Care Spending and Wellness credits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program to support mental wellbeing
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth through mentorship, ongoing education and training, as well as community outreach and volunteerism
- Social and collaborative work environment and team building activities
- Position Type: Permanent Full Time
- Work Location: 39 Hazelton Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2E3
- We take the health and safety of our employees and clients very seriously and most employees are currently working from home. Some mission critical teams have remained on site under COVID preventative guidelines. Our offices are equipped with enhanced air filtering systems and undergo regular deep cleanings.
- Apply directly through: firstname.lastname@example.org